The Mathematics Standards Writing Committee is formed and eager to begin work on a critical project that will touch so many lives.
While the committee’s membership is limited, the voices that contribute can be many. Your input in standards-creation is invaluable.
Toward that end, you are invited to participate in the first Math Standards Review Survey. Please take this opportunity to voice your thoughts about Oklahoma’s current PASS Standards.
The survey is divided by grade band so you can either answer the parts that matter to you most or fill out the entire survey pre-K through high school. Questions are designed to allow input on the nature of each standard in regard to whether it is “useful,” “realistic” and “challenging.” The standards are in two parts: the content standards (a list of topics to teach at each grade level) and the process skills (ways of using and applying the mathematics). Standards are shown side-by-side with previous or next-year standards to show how they build upon each other. There is space throughout the survey to make comments and recommendations.
While screenshots are provided when possible, we have also included links to PDF documents for each section embedded in the survey, allowing participants to download the entire document for easier viewing of the complete picture. Please do not rely on the screenshots alone. You can download each document within the survey or below:
– Primary (PK-2) Math Standards (http://www.ok.gov/sde/sites/ok.gov.sde/files/PASS-Vertical-progression-PK-2-.pdf)
– Intermediate (3-5) Math Standards (http://www.ok.gov/sde/sites/ok.gov.sde/files/PASS-Vertical-progression-2-5.pdf)
– Middle Level (5-8) Math Standards (http://www.ok.gov/sde/sites/ok.gov.sde/files/PASS%20Math%20Vertical%20progression%205-8.pdf)
– High School Algebra 1 and 2 Standards (http://www.ok.gov/sde/sites/ok.gov.sde/files/PASS%20%20Vertical%20progression%20Algebra.pdf)
– High School Geometry Standards (http://www.ok.gov/sde/sites/ok.gov.sde/files/PASS%20Math%20Vertical%20progression%20Geometry.pdf)
Thank you for your interest in this important work for mathematics education in Oklahoma.
Access the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GB7PNTZ
Leave a comment
You must be logged into post a comment.